What is Zen Chiropractic?
Zen Chiropractic realizes that pain, whether mental or physical, has a negative impact on our lives and bodies. Zen Chiropractic establishes 100% function and communication of the brain/spinal cord to the body so that one can have full capacity for self-control, mental discipline, and help treat many mental/physical diseases. Zen Chiropractic gives you healing from within by utilizing Biomechanical Concepts of Science and Energy Efficiency of the body.
Dr. Zen’s Chiropractic Story
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have more energy, sleep better, or just get more out of what you enjoy doing most in life? I did. And now I want to tell you about my life-changing experience.
I was born and raised in South Minneapolis, youngest of four boys. My mother was a Registered Nurse. She advised us on how to eat healthy, exercise, and pray every day. I did not get sick usually but when I did, I was bedridden for 2-3 days. The worst problem I ever had was when I was 13 years old. I was hit by car while I was on my bicycle and was rushed to the hospital. I did not have any broken bones but I was not able to walk for a couple days. A short while later, I was up and running around the neighborhood like nothing ever happened. I had no idea at the time that later on in life I was going to experience frequent headaches and low back pain because of this accident. And if that weren’t enough, I eventually developed seasonal depression and knee problems.
I went to school day in and day out just like most kids and really didn’t complain about my pains. I just dealt with them. After I graduated from high school, I went to a Japanese Christian Conference in California. There was a chiropractor at the conference and he was analyzing people’s spines. I got in line and had him take a look at my spine. He told me that I had a one inch difference in leg length comparing my right leg to my left. Then he made further analysis of my spine and pelvis and adjusted me. My legs became the same length and he told me that I needed care because I have an “old” problem in my spine.
After my experience, I decided that I wanted to be a chiropractor. My plan was to participate in missions over seas and change people’s lives spiritually, mentally, and physically. And chiropractic would be the perfect way to bring better health to those in need without using expensive medications and surgical interventions. I was inspired by my newly found purpose and studied hard to get into chiropractic school.
A few years later, after being accepted in chiropractic school, I met a chiropractor who took an x-ray of my spine. After viewing the x-rays, he asked me if I ever had trauma to my spine in the past. I told him about my car accident in my earlier childhood. He analyzed my past history, he studied the x-rays and used special instruments to figure out what was wrong with me and how he could help me. After studying my case, he sat down and told me how I could feel much better in life and shared with me his plan. He proceeded to begin care by adjusting my spine regularly over the next several weeks and I began to regain my health and energy. I was able to focus on my studies, run longer distances as I exercised daily. I had more energy during the day and was so happy to be able to sleep better at night.
My chiropractor educated me on the science of the nervous system. He told me about why I didn’t feel any pain for a long time. He told me that less than 10% of the nervous system consists of sensory pain fibers that actually help a person feel pain when something is wrong. Only 10%! The rest of the 90% of nerves in the body tell it how to work. That is when I realized how I never noticed the one inch of difference in my leg lengths and the chronic problems in my spine. There was something wrong… but I didn’t feel pain. From my personal experience with chiropractic, I saw potential for people around the world who too could have better health just like me. Telling my chiropractic story is just one way I hope to motivate more people to take better care of themselves. You have an important decision to make. Get your spine checked out!